|ATTENTION PARENTS AND GUARDIANS:† WE ARE IN NEED OF DONATIONS TO HELP STRENGTHEN INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAMS FOR ALL STUDENTS. PLEASE SUPPORT US BY DONATING TO THE PROJECTS BELOW WHILE ALSO SHARING THE BELOW LINKS WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS!|
It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net! †
Dress Code Policy
Students should adhere to the following policy in order to avoid disruptions to the learning process created by inappropriate dress.
1) The sleeves of tops must cover the entire shoulder.
2) Biker shorts or similiar tight shorts are not allowed.
3) Shorts or pants must be secured at the waist. Hanging or sagging off the hips is NOT allowed.
4) Shorts, skirts and dresses must be at least knee length.
5) There should be no vulgar or disrespectful language or pictures on any item of clothing.
6) Pajamas, bedroom slippers, or other items resembling pajamas or house shoes are not to be worn to school.
7) Leggings, jeggings, yoga pants, and/or tightly-fitted pants can only be worn with a knee length shirt or skirt.
8) All holes in pants must be at the knee and below. Students may not wear any jeans/pants with rips/ tears exposing skin above the knee. If the jeans/pants are patched so that the rip/tear is completely covered, whether on top of the rip/tear or underneath the rip/tear, the jeans/ pants are permissible.
9) No student will be allowed to wear a hat, cap, bandana, hood, or similar head covering inside any building at school.
10) Students may not wear body piercings anywhere but the ear lobes. The items in the ear lobes must be in the usual stud or hoop form. Gauge style piercings are not allowed. Piercings near the mouth, nose, or eyes are not acceptable for school.
Any clothing deemed not appropriate by the administration will result in the student being asked to call home for proper clothing. The administration reserves the right to determine whether clothing is disruptive to the educational process and the orderly operation of school.
If a student dresses inappropriately, the student will have the opportunity to change into appropriate clothing or parents will be notified to bring appropriate clothes or shoes. In the event a parent cannot be reached, the student will be sent to Intervention (ISS) room for the remainder of the day. The appropriate disciplinary consequence will be assigned whether the student /parent corrects the problem or not.
Violators of the dress code policy will receive disciplinary action and will be excluded from class until appropriate attire is acquired.